(Featured image provided by Pexels.com)
So I had a birthday earlier this month and I wanted to share 30 things that I have learned by the age of 30. Now of course I’ve learned a lot more but here are the things I’ve chosen to share (they’re in no particular order).
1. Beware of self love/self care
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves… (2 Timothy 3:1)
This world is influencing us to be selfish and self centered, when following Jesus requires us to deny ourselves and to love others. Even though taking care of ourselves is necessary, making that our number 1 priority or obsession isn’t.
2. You can overcome evil by doing good. The fight is and has always been spiritual. We aren’t truly having issues with other people.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:11-12)
3. Ultimately, ALL sin is committed against God. So be mindful of how you act AND REACT towards others.
4.Cast down vain imaginations, immediately.
5. Popularity is not an indication of quality.
6. The wisdom of this world is foolishness.
7. Less is more
8. Knowledge is not understanding.
9. Don’t live above your means and pay your bills ON TIME!
10. I do not have to sin (or be a sinner). Jesus died so that I can live and be free to do and think the right things. See Roman’s chapter 6
11. Grace does not excuse sin. It assists in sanctification. Don’t let anyone deceive you. If you (or I!) die in willful sin, we will NOT inherit the kingdom of God.
12.Take it one day at a time. Say it with me, “Daily bread”.
13. Do not fear man.
14. I complain too much, and it’s annoying.
15. A spouse (or a child) can’t fix internal issues.
When I was single I had an idolatrous desire to be married. I though that that would make me whole and happy. That didn’t happen. I learned very quickly that only Jesus can satisfy me .
16. Traditional holidays do not truly commemorate God. Research the origins.
17. Do not follow trends. Many are on the broad path that leads to destruction. Plus, emulations is a work of the flesh.
18. Be quiet. Fools vent too much
19. PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!
Wearing revealing clothing not only shows that I don’t respect myself, it also shows my lack of respect for others. Especially for families (marriages and children).
20. Don’t let your feelings govern you. I can do what is right whether I feel like it or not.
21. Men need respect. Quite frankly, they’re entitled to it.
and while we’re at it..
22. Feminism is ungodly. It’s perversion at it’s finest.
23. Sometimes you just have to cut people off— Starting with your own family members!
24. Read ingredient labels
25. Keep cursed objects out of your home.
26. Love the truth, NO MATTER WHAT don’t reject it.
27. Jesus is the promised Messiah AND the Son of God. He is not The Most High God. Not according to him, the bible or GOD Himself.
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 6:13-17)
28. My identity is hidden in Christ
I used to wonder who I was (or “Who Am I?”) because I didn’t know. But I knew that I wasn’t just comprised of a list of roles. Then I had a revelation.. I AM NOBODY because I have died to myself. My true identity will be found in Christ as I conform to him.
As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died. (Galatians 6:14, NLT)
29. Dysfunctional relationships are not true love. They are ungodly soul ties. Sever them!
30. It’s the simple things in life— like wild flowers, rain and children playing♥
So, what are some things you’ve learned this year or wish you would’ve known earlier?